Saturday, February 12, 2011

Noting the Noise

My house is right next to an expressway. The location couldn't be more convenient, and in exchange for putting up with a bit of traffic noise, I got an excellent price on a wonderful house in a lovely neighborhood that I couldn't otherwise afford. But it took me months to get used to the noise at night, especially on Fridays and Saturdays when the street racers are out.

And now I'm so happy to have the noise back! Traffic over the last few weeks had been down to almost nothing at night (except the occasional emergency vehicle with sirens blaring), but I hadn't consciously noted that until last night, when I realized that evening traffic noise levels are back to their pre-blizzard levels. It feels like the city is alive again!

No comments:

Post a Comment