Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Drifting Away

My schedule's been shot all to hell. Between being snowbound for days on end, sleeping way too much, consequently developing a migraine that left me out-of-sorts for days, and only making it into the office two days out of the last ten, I've lost all sense of time. Totally forgot about posting last night; it didn't even occur to me.

I've had an odd fascination with prison dramas and documentaries for years. I'm not sure why, although I had a relative (now deceased) who did time. Maybe it's just curiosity about his experiences, which he never discussed with me. I've never had any illusions about being able to withstand physical abuse, but I always thought I'd just shrug off solitary confinement. After way more time indoors than I like, even with benefit of TV and books and Internet, and loving family and friends no further away than a phone call or email, I'm beginning to understand the expression "stir crazy." I'll be on my best behavior from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment